This weekend, we “Fall Back” for Daylight Savings time. The whole routine of doing this made me think about why we do this and how valuable time really is, especially as a small business owner.
When you are prioritizing what needs to be done next, keep your goals in mind – personal and business. Are you taking steps each day to be able to reach your goal one day?
Here are some tips to stay focused:
- Plan your day, month, year.
- Do the most important things first
- Don’t worry if you can’t get everything done. Focus on progress rather than perfection.
- Make your goals SMART – Specific Measurable Achievable Resourced Timed
- When you accomplish something, think about re-purposing. How can you use this for some other occasion?
- Brain storm every now and then so you can re-adjust what you need to do on a daily basis.
- Be conscious of how you spend your time.
Focus on projects that have a good return on your investment. For example, if you market your business consistently and provide the best quality products and services, good customer service will allow you to have loyal customers who will refer you and come back to you for more business.
Lastly, Strive for good work-life balance!